Sunday, February 6, 2011

Boot Camp


This is me and one of the newest Marines! Looking sharp Jonny! My handsome cousin Private Spendlove graduated from boot camp on Friday, January 28th, 2011. I went on a roadtrip with my grandparents down to San Diego for a couple of days, and I was able to visit with my dad while I was there. We went to MCRD to watch the graduation on Friday morning, and it was a really cool experience. Afterwards, we went and got the starving Marine some food, and boy could that guy eat!! Two foot long sandwiches later, he was practically ready to eat again. We were all able to sit down with him and listen to all his many stories from his past 3 months of hell he endured. He said it was the most difficult thing he has ever done, but he is very proud of himself. My whole family is proud of him, this is quite the accomplishment. I am grateful for all of our service men and women and the hard job they have of protecting us and our country. I am grateful of anyone who is willing to give up their life so that my life is safer, and I live in a better place. I am grateful to my cousin for the sacrifice he has made and the sacrifices he will continually make. I feel blessed to live in this country where we can be free.
*peace out girl scout*

No comments:

Post a Comment