Friday, June 10, 2011

San Diego Trip





For Memorial Day weekend, I was able to go visit my dad in San Diego! I arrived early afternoon on Saturday, and as soon as we got some lunch to eat, we were off to the lake for a bike ride. It was such a beautiful day, we rode around the entire lake, which was about 5 miles. As much as I enjoyed the bike ride, my rear end didn't appreciate it that much. The next day was the big softball game. Guys vs. Girls. It was a lot of fun, I even hit the ball a couple of times, which was a big accomplishment :) Once again, the weather was beautiful (but then again, we were in San Diego, where everyday is beautiful, I was just happy that I didn't have to deal with the snow my family recieved while I was gone). Final score: 31 to 12...I will let you guess who won...


On Monday, the main events occurred. I woke up to this right outside the house:



A GIANT WATERSLIDE!!!!



This was pretty much my favorite thing ever! It was huge! I went down this slide more times than I can count, and the best part was, the weather was just right, not too hot, not too cold and I was able to spend the whole day in my swimming suit. I went forwards, backwards, on my stomach and screaming all the way down this slide. I want one of these... The rest of the days festivities were also enjoyable. There was a taco man with delicious street tacos and there was a live band which was fun.


I had a super funny video of a guy that came along with the band, I call him "The Groupie that nobody wanted" He stood in the middle of the culdesac the whole time and danced and played air guitar....by himself, he was certainly enjoying the band. (unfortunately the video wouldn't upload :( ) We ended the evening by sitting around the fire and making s'mores and enjoying each others company. It was such a good, fun, relaxing weekend and I was sad to leave the next morning but....I was leaving for DC in 2 days so my excitement continued to build. :)

Picture of the full view of the culdesac and all the craziness and people that were there.

*peace out girl scout*

No comments:

Post a Comment