Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Festivities






Yesterday was St. Patty's Day and I have spent the entire last week trying to plan our little "Relief Society Birthday/St. Patrick's Day Party". It's been quite the task actually, especially when nobody from the entire committee did really anything. I made delicious sugar cookies though, they are to die for. Just this morning I had 3 for breakfast! Shhhh don't tell anyone!!(guess I will have to incorporate more crunches into my work-out today).


I had originally planned on making them shamrock shaped but I could not, for the life of me, find a cookie cutter in the shape of a shamrock! So I made round cookies and cut a little stencil out of paper and laid it on top of the cookie and sprinkled the green sugar on it! Up close it just looks like a blob of green sprinkles in the middle but amazingly, you can actually tell they are shamrocks in this picture!!


I'm really quite upset about the whole party thing, it was last night and only 4 girls came, FOUR! For crying out loud I put a lot of work into this activity! There was a chocolate fountain, come on girls, CHOCOLATE! and all sorts of things to drown in chocolate such as: cinnamon bears, marshmallows, bananas, strawberries, and pretzels. I even had green kool-aid! Anyway...enough venting, I have a lot of extra cookies and I'm going to have to take some into work so that I don't end up eating them all myself.

This picture makes me happy, I also had all this stuff for us to paint our nails green at the party. Aren't these colors just fun? I thought they were. My nails are a pretty shocking green color now :)

So as I was cutting up strawberries for the party, these two huge berries were in the bottom of the container, I should rephrase that, these two MONSTER berries were at the bottom. Look at how huge they are!!! I could not believe that they actually grew that big! And boy were they delish!!! I've been on a strawberry kick lately, I eat them all the time, it's wonderful, it makes me happy :)
*peace out girl scout*

1 comment:

  1. Only 4. Heavy Sigh. I'm sorry I missed out on the cookies you shared with work!

    ReplyDelete