Thursday, March 17, 2011

What I've been up to...






Well, for starters, I have been sewing like a crazy woman. My school work has been seriously neglected. I finally finished my Sailboat quilt which I think is presh! (that's for you Kira) It was a LOT of work but I learned something new and it was fun. I made a small baby quilt for a display at work and it turned out super cute as well.

I feel like people who read my blog are expecting a fabulous story about a recent flight I've had or something like that, but the truth is, I haven't flown for over a month, and it makes me sad. It's not because I can't, or haven't wanted to, but because right now I am gearing up to finish my instrument rating, which makes for A LOT of ground work and studying. My next phase of flying will contain mostly cross-country flights which I am super excited about!! ...but my instructor has a job interview with SkyWest this week, which means he may be leaving...and I will have to find another flight instructor...again! It makes me mad. Those of you who know the story about my previous instructor, and how bad he was, you know how excited and happy I have been with my current instructor. Hopefully he will be able to stay with me until I finish!

At the end of February, I went to Reno to the Women in Aviation International Conference and OH MY GOODNESS was it amazing! I was so inspired and uplifted with all of the women that were around me, there were flight attendants, human resource people, mechanics and pilots. And all of them were WOMEN!!! It was an incredible experience, seriously, I'm already planning on going to next year's conference in Dallas. I was able to take my resume around to different airlines and have them critique it and let me know what I can do to improve it. Delta took my resume actually, and hopefully they consider me for an internship. As of now, I'm working on applying for several internships. My ideal airline for an internship would probably be either JetBlue or Alaska Airlines....I'm not gonna lie, it's mainly because they are paid and they have nice flight benefits ;)

As for now, I'm just busy all the time with online classes, work, church callings, sewing, trying to keep my room clean (that is quite the task) and keeping the rest of the apartment clean.

One last sneak peek on my current sewing project that is almost complete....

*peace out girl scout*

1 comment: