Thursday, July 12, 2012

Internship: Day 4

Today was a pretty slow day for me.  The three of us were all split up into different areas.  I was sent with Gary, who is an Airport Operations Manager.  We started off the morning (once I found my way through the secret passages) by sitting in on an interview.  They let me look at all of the questions they ask during the process before the person being interviewed arrived.  Honestly, that relieved a lot of the anxiety I would probably feel if I happen to get an interview with them soon.  It's not too scary and they gave me some pointers to follow.
After that, Gary and I had a special assignment....ok not really too special, but it was still fun.  We had to supervise this group of people as they filmed a commercial/did a photo shoot inside the airport, near the A gates.  They pretty much filmed all day that I was there, from 11-3:30.  So we sat and watched and I'm pretty sure the back of my head will probably be in some of the shots so that could be exciting.
The company is called Goal Zero.  We got a sneak peek at a new product that they are about to release but you can check out their products here: http://www.goalzero.com/
Not too much to report, I was actually pretty grateful for the slow day.  Barely 3 miles were walked, lots of liquid consumed.
Surprisingly, I got cold.  Imagine that, its nearly 103 degrees outside and I was inside all day with goose bumps, not bad compared to Tuesday when I was outside most of the day, the ambient temperature was 107, and the surface temperature was around 125 degrees...that is TOO HOT!

*peace out girl scout*

No comments:

Post a Comment