Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Adventures in Babysitting


Today I’ve been babysitting Chloe.   She is always fun to have around and I love being able to spend some time with her.  My uncle dropped her off at about 8:45, she is wearing her purple dress with a tutu, her Rapunzel yarn braid, and a gold crown and a pink flower in her hair, what a kid.  This girl is funny.  She walked in and started singing “Found a peanut, found a peanut, found a peanut just now” If you don’t know this song, just ask me, because I know it now that she sang it about 5 times in a row. 

We turned on some cartoons and just watched the TV for a little while when she informed me she was hungry.  This time she told me in a nicer way than she did last week when I babysat her and she said, “Um, usually my babysitters feed me”

I offered cereal, oatmeal, a banana.  What did she want at almost 9am? Her “favorite noodles” A.K.A. Ramen.  So we finished watching PB&J Otter (one of my old favorites) and then we made Ramen.  Before I let her have her noodles, I made her do the noodle dance ;) Here's a link if you don't know what the noodle dance is:
We spent most of the morning singing songs from Dora the Explorer, and dancing to other Disney songs that came on Pandora.

We (me) made cookies. She said it was harder than she thought it would be and gave up after making one ball of dough.  She sure participated in the eating though.

For lunch she wanted a Honey and Jam sandwich for lunch…I was hesitant to give the child that much sugar but I figured she’s going to lose all her teeth anyway, and I would be giving her back to her mother soon so I went ahead and became the favorite cousin and gave her the sandwich she wanted.
5 year olds are so fun :)
*peace out girl scout*

1 comment:

  1. I like the part about giving her back to her mother pretty soon. Ha!

    ReplyDelete